ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@m64.com>
Subject RE: [RFE] Incremental mode for Ant
Date Sun, 23 Jul 2000 14:48:53 GMT
Pete,

There was actually a request to do this a long time ago from Jonathan Locke
[jonl@eidolon.muppetlabs.com]. He included a patch which you can probably
find in the archives, although applying it now will not be an automatic
process.

My own thoughts were to do this in a GUI rather than in a command line. The
basic idea was to have a GUI which attaches itself to an ant project as a
listener and which gives colour coded output, similar to the style sheet
supplied by Matt Foemmel. "If you want to run again, just hit the run button
again" type of thing.

I see that someone has proposed a GUI which looks kinda nice. It currently
seems geared to building ant files rather than running them. I am also not
sure if this code will be contributed as it seems to depend on a library,
etc, etc.

Conor