ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@m64.com>
Subject RE: Recent logging aint emacs friendly
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2000 13:11:26 GMT

I don't think this would be good. The logger to be used in a build is not
really a property of the project. A PI makes some sense but I still think
this should be specified outside the project file. Logging is something the
user running ant is worried about, not the author of the build file. My
preference would therefore be to use a command line parameter.

I think the options would be

1. add a parameter to ant which causes the default listener to produce emacs
friendly output.
2. allow the logger class to be specified on the command line and then
provide an emacs friendly logger.
3. combine 1 and 2.

Thoughts?