ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@m64.com>
Subject RE: Problem with Property Task
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2000 15:00:58 GMT
Akbar,

If you run your code with the -verbose flag you will see the following.

Setting project property: x -> a
   +Task: property
 [Property] Override ignored for x
   +Task: property
 [Property] Override ignored for x
   +Task: property
 [Property] Override ignored for x
 +Target: main
   +Task: echo

I think this behaviour comes from the situation where ant is run as a nested
task. In that case you want the outer instance to control the property.
Property definitions in the inner task should not override the values
defined in the outer instance of ant, if you know what I mean.

Nevertheless, I find the current behaviour very counter-intuitive. It is a
very common thing for people to build up classpath properties in this way.

As for your other problems, can you try using C:\ instead of C:/. I would
like to change ant to handle this properly.

Conor

--
Conor MacNeill
Home: conor@m64.com