ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@m64.com>
Subject RE: Rmid Task
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2000 10:19:01 GMT
Michael,

There has been some discussion (which I have neglected a little lately)
about adding multithreading support to ant. I have made a proposal for
adding an async flag to tasks to allow them to be run in a separate thread.

<task async="yes" />

Another thought which is being looked into is to define a collection of
tasks as running async

<async>
  <task1/>
  <task2/>
</async>

I will try and resume the discussion to get the basic shape of async tasks
settled and then provide an initial implementation.

Conor

--
Conor MacNeill
Home: conor@m64.com