ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cognet.com.au>
Subject RE: Using old ant.jar in build.bat?
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2000 14:25:30 GMT
I think this issue comes down to the role of build.bat/build.sh in the
jakarta-ant project root. Is it intended just to build ant or is it used to
run ant as well?

It has been my expectation that it is used just to build ant in the local
directory. When using ant outside ant itself I have always used the
ant.bat/ant.sh files. What is the difference?  In general, I expect the
build script to use the ant.jar in the project lib directory rather than my
stable copy in the ANT_HOME area. I sometimes have more than one ant
development area working at a time, so there is no single value of ANT_HOME
appropriate.

In general, therefore, I would not make use of the new code in build.bat
which adds all the jars to the classpath, since I don't expect any jars to
be there except ant.jar. I think it would be interesting to add this
behaviour to the ant/ant.bat driver scripts, though.

Thoughts?

Conor