ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cognet.com.au>
Subject RE: Using old ant.jar in build.bat?
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2000 22:14:42 GMT

I think it is cool to include the jaxp jars in the nightly build but I do
not think it is necessary to have that in CVS.

For me there are two target audiences here. The first group is people who
just want the ant binary to install. These people just want to use ant
without changing it. The second group is those people who want to build ant
from scratch. I think we can expect more capability from that group
including the ability to find and install a JAXP compliant parser.

I can understand the expection of one-stop shopping for the first group. I
don't see, however, why there is such an expectation from the second group.

Conor