ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Exec and MatchingTask
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2000 14:42:36 GMT

 TH> The problem is that tasks should use functionality instead of
 TH> inherit.

We do agree completely here.

My proposal to get a reusable MatchingTask functionality was a first
step, I retained MatchingTask with it's current contract to ease the
shift from inheritance to delegation here.

I knew what you'd been working on with regard to Exec so I didn't talk
about refactoring Exec at all.

I just don't think we should be making both transitions (changing the
hows of Exec and MatchingTask) at the same time and refactoring the
MatchingTask-like classes seemed to be the easier starting point.

View raw message