ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: ASynchronous dependencies, classloader in Java Task for classpath
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2000 08:01:18 GMT
>>>>> "YM" == Yannick Menager <yannick.menager@db.com> writes:

 YM> they would run all in separate threads.

Conor has proposed a multithreading extension a while back, this issue
hasn't been fully resolved yet AFAIK. Maybe you want to retrieve the
corresponding messages from the archive (see your welcome mail for
details) and join the discussion.

 YM> Also it would be nice to have a "ifnot" tag as well as the
 YM> current "if"

I have a patch for an unless attribute to target lying around but am
reluctant to add it. I'm getting more and more convinced that most
conditional execution cases can be handled without if/unless cases in
targets - conditional include/exclude elements do the same job most of
the time.

Stefan