ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Conditionnal tasks
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2000 08:12:30 GMT

 SP> I was wondering if there was any 'conditionnals' tasks in
 SP> Ant...if not here are the ones I'd find VERY useful :

You are entering very dangerous ground here, be careful 8^).

Things like you are proposing have been suggested and dismissed
several times on this list. Ant should not become another programming
language. Some of us have already been taken to their limits by the
available task or the if attribute of targets.

Most of the things you could accomplish with the conditionals could be
solved differently. One way out for the remaining cases would be
scripting.

 SP> This resembles to XSLT stylesheets, for those who know.

Hmm, maybe you could use a real XSLT stylesheet together with a basic
XML file to create a new build.xml tailored to the current conditions
using the new Style task? I'm only partly serious here.

Stefan