ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: [RFE] Richer Task Specification
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2000 11:21:01 GMT
>>>>> "sr" == rubys  <> writes:

Ah, should have thought of the Jargon File myself, thanks.

 sr> I don't understand how target= on a taskdef would work.

I think Matt has changed that to be depends= which is consistent with
the attribute of targets.

 sr> Or is he proposal to revert back to DOM and not instantiate tasks
 sr> before they are used?

Yes to the second part of your question - as far as I understand it -
but not necessarily the first.

 sr> Are there limitations on what tasks may be used in tasks
 sr> specified as targets of a taskdef?

The depends attribute should specify a target, not a task. The
specified target may include any task and would be invoked implicitly
before any other target. At least that's how I've understood Matt's

This should be as easy to explain as the depends attribute of the
target element, shouldn't it?

View raw message