ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: [RFE] Richer Task Specification
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2000 09:47:10 GMT

 sr> Stefan Bodewig wrote:

 >> 2. I still want the depends attribute on taskdefs to allow users
 >> that don't want tasks outside of targets to generate their
 >> taskdefs on the fly.

 sr> P.S.  I believe that #2 is harder than one might otherwise
 sr> expect.

I don't think this can be done before we've come to the point where
tasks don't get instantiated before they get executed.

I'm currently working on the backlog of patches and there are some
things I'd like to see before we have the release you've projected for
next week.

Additionally I'd like to get the JUnit task in shape for the CVS
repository and commit it.

After that I could take on #2 and the other implications of it but
wouldn't object if somebody else steps in before.

Stefan