ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Paranoia JAR include/exclude
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2000 13:55:52 GMT
>>>>> "th" == thomas haas <thomas.haas@softwired-inc.com> writes:

 th> I think I have seen someon adding include/exclude files to
 th> mathing task. Has this been done and is a patch available?

Yes, the message is

>From: Aaron Knauf <AaronK@geniesystems.com>
>Subject: includesfile diff for MatchingTask.java
>Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 16:10:59 +1200

I can provide you with the patch if you can't find it.

I really like it since I build several projects from a single source
tree and some packages with utility classes are shared but not all
classes in them are needed by all projects.

 th> PS Once again I feel like Jar/Zip extending MatchingTask is not
 th> the ideal solution for. I would prefer if files to be manipulated
 th> and the action separated from each other. If so, I could simply
 th> replace the file matching part from the action on the matched
 th> files. Ideas?

Don't think I understand what you mean here. Are you thinking about
something like

<match include="..." exclude="...">
    <action ... />
</match>

where match's only responsibility was to build the file list and this
one would be provided to the enclosed action?

The current approach looks more readable and understandable to me.

Stefan