ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: bug with "tar" task
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2000 10:04:15 GMT
 IM> Hello everybody!  I found a bug related to building tar files
 IM> with tar task.

Thanks Iulian for reporting this, I've appended a trivial patch with
your solution for completeness.

I haven't been aware of this feature of the Tar task and thought I
should use it in the Untar task (if Ant is run by a Java 2 VM). The
second patch enables Untar to reset the modification time of extracted
files.

 IM> Suggestion: Probably a function to translate Java time to unix
 IM> time will be a good idea (take a look into
 IM> org.apache.tools.ant.tar.TarEntry: there are a lot of "/ 1000"

You're probably right. I don't know whether the org.apache.tools.tar
package is an exclusive part of jakarta-ant or if there are other
projects with copies of it. Therefore I didn't dare to touch it.

Stefan