ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Junit task
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2000 13:21:00 GMT

 RG> Is it really necessary to have an explicit JUnit task?

Depends on what you want to do.

junit.textui.TestRunner calls System.exit many times so you are forced
to set fork="yes". This might be a bad thing depending on the number
of independant testsuites you want to run.

Furthermore - and much more important to me - you have no simple way
to determine the outcome of the tests from inside Ant. I want my whole
build process to fail if any of my tests fails - so that I'm never
going to checkin sources that are not ready.

Others may have different needs so we need an user option here.

There are other reasons - like generating some specialized kind of
output - as well.

Stefan