ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Untar task question [EXPIRED TRIAL LICENCE]
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2000 11:56:24 GMT

 JB> As a consequence Ant will ALWAYS have SOME inconsistent behavior
 JB> depending on the VM version.

 JB> Do you think that it would be worth to have that in the
 JB> documentation (user manual) both as a general comment and as
 JB> specific notes for each affected task.

Yes.

In the case of the Untar task I think a note for this single task is
sufficient. We already have other places where the behavior depends on
the VM (javac will use modern on JDK 1.3, javadoc has a much richer
feature set on Java 2 ...) and AFAIK they are all documented.

I should have changed the documentation for Untar myself but feel free
to jump in.

Stefan