ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Touch task
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2000 11:39:31 GMT
Hi,

Some of you might have noticed my hack to Untar to set the file
modification times to the values retrieved from the tar file. I'd like
to do the same to the Expand task. As I don't want to duplicate code
I'm going to move the relevant parts out into another class which
could easily be a Touch task.

The problem I see is that this task wouldn't do anything in JDK 1.1 as
File.setLastModified hasn't been there and write(new byte[0]) doesn't
change the modification time of the file you are writing to - at least
not on my Linux box.

So my question is whether we want to have a touch task that would be a
NOP on JDK 1.1 - except when the file that shall be touched doesn't
exist.

Stefan