ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Possible Exec and MatchingTask Refactorings
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2000 15:09:38 GMT

 TD> The ${} syntax is pretty ugly, but is currently the way ant is
 TD> telling the difference between a literal value and a property
 TD> reference.  How would we do that if we wanted to eliminate ${} ?

I'm afraid this hasn't been resolved yet. The way the if attribute on
nested include tags works is that MatchingTask.NameEntry *knows* the
value is going to be the *name* of a property and can therefore ask
Project for the current - at execution time - value.

There have been thoughts about employing scripts for this purpose. I
don't think this part has really been sorted out yet.

Stefan