ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Weird "available" behavior on test for a just created file
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2000 07:59:53 GMT

 JC> Are the writing deferred until the JVM closes or something ?

No, the available task is evaluated before your target test.copy is
executed. I assume your target B.check looks like

  <target name="B.check>
    <available property="B.exists" file="./B" />
  </target>

The problem is that some tasks, namely Available, Property, Taskdef
and Tstamp (did I forget one) get executed during parsing -
technically they do their work in the init method not in execute.

They get evaluated even when the target containing them doesn't get
executed at all BTW.

This is weird and it is going to change sometime - rather soon I hope.

Stefan