ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Path.java update
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2000 12:49:59 GMT

 TH> However I may be pleased by doing it the other way round: let
 TH> translatePath first split the path into single elements and then
 TH> call translateFile for each element. What do you think?

Of course, this is the cleanest solution.

But this would mean you'd need to scan the full path twice, first to
split the path (and do the DOS check to detect ':') and then once
again. I feel the primary intention of Project.translatePath was to
avoid this - else you could do the / \ replacement with two
String.replace calls instead of the loop.

Personally I don't think you would notice the difference - how many
Path's do we need to split?

Stefan