ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: [RFE] Richer Task Specification
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2000 16:16:57 GMT

 JDD> on 2000/06/20 01:35, Stefan Bodewig at bodewig@bost.de wrote:
 >> 1. Don't treat properties as tasks at all. Don't even say they are
 >> tasks in the documentation.
 >>
 >> 2. Do the same for taskdefs.
 >>
 >> 3. Don't instantiate tasks before they get executed.
 >>
 >> 4. Merge init and execute into a single method that gets called
 >> right after the task has been configured.

 JDD> Souds good. Can you update the core spec thingy that I started
 JDD> to reflect this?

I've had a closer look at the spec right now. 1, 3 and 4 are already
in there (sort of). Nothing to document at all.

The current document obviously doesn't talk about situations where you
want to build a task and use it in the same build file. There is no
mention of taskdefs at all so I really would like to see where we
finally end up before I add anything.

Stefan