ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: [RFE] Richer Task Specification
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2000 08:39:21 GMT
>>>>> "mf" == mpfoemme  <mpfoemme@ThoughtWorks.com> writes:

 mf> But I think I prefer the following, since it allows multiple
 mf> tasks to depend on a single compile:

 mf> <taskdef name="xslt" classname="Xslt" classpath="lib"
 mf> depends="xslt-compile"/>

Yes, I really like this. This would remove the need for arbitrary
tasks to be defined outside of targets. No bad feelings on my side
anymore.

This could mean: no tasks outside targets, put taskdefs and properties
directly into the project if they should have global meaning and put
them inside of targets for target scoped properties and taskdefs,
right?

Stefan