ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: unless and nested includes/excludes undocumented?!
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2000 11:00:24 GMT

 VR> I might be dragging this too far, but if you check for things
 VR> like 'one letter infront' why not check for 'one letter infront
 VR> and (slash or backslash) after' which handles the ambiguity (I'm
 VR> probablybeing awfully naive here).

No it wouldn't. It only ensures we don't accidently think c:jdk1.1
could be an absolute path on DOS based system.

Take a look at the method translatePath in
src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/Project - you can see it in the online
CVS version if you don't have the sources - and you will see, it only
checks for a backslash right after the colon, it doesn't look at the
letter in front of the colon.

I guess I had Thomas' code in mind which goes along the lines of -
from memory:

This can only be a DOS absolute path if it starts with a single letter
followed by a colon followed by a backslash or slash and we are
running on a DOS based system - path separator is ;. If it still
qualifies as a DOS based absolute path, take it as such.

Stefan