ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Core Task spec 0.1
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2000 07:56:11 GMT
>>>>> "AK" == Arnout J Kuiper <ajkuiper@planet.nl> writes:

 AK> Comments please...

I too like the idea of the fileset container, this might obsolete my
proposal to rework MatchingTask so I will hold back any modifications
I had planned.

fileset should get a defaultexcludes attribute.

I agree with Glenn that copy, move and delete should take filesets as
the source of the operation - drop srcdir and the include/exclude
elements in favor of a nested fileset element - or even multiple
fileset elements.

Unjar would be just another name for Unzip or do you expect it to add
functionality?

Gzip, Gunzip, Unjar, Untar and Unzip could benefit from an overwrite
attribute while an attribute to Jar, Tar and Zip to specify whether to
update or replace an existing archive might be useful.

Add Mkdir and maybe Chmod and the upcoming Touch to the basic
file system operations.

Another group of operations is "basic file manipulation operations" with
FixCRLF, Keysubst, Replace and the filtering behavior of file copying
tasks (are you proposing to drop the last one?). ISTR Thomas Haas had
a Task that unified some of these operations.

Add Exec and Java (and Ant?) as basic execution tasks.

Stefan