ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Newbie question [time dependencies]
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2000 12:47:38 GMT

 PM> But I can't see how to make foo.html depend on foo.xml. javac and
 PM> copydir have such mechanisms

All tasks determine what to do and wich dependencies to use
themselves. You best bet is to implement a custom task for your
transformation (extending MatchingTask would be you best starting point
I guess) and check which files need processing inside this task.

I agree that a simple file to file dependency mapping like it is used
by copydir and javac (at least at the moment) could be factored out
into a helper class to be reused though.

Stefan