ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs MatchingTask.java
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2000 13:13:41 GMT
Some notes on the differences between the commited version and Aaron's
original:

This version uses project.resolveFile to better cope with relative
filenames - at least I hope it does.

Aaron used to resolve the files and read the patterns inside the init
method of the task while my version does the same inside the setter
method.

This means, if a file is unparseable or cannot be found, the task
can't throw an Exception - only a warning message is printed.

I've chosen this path over init because I think (1) we are on track to
remove init and (2) should permit the setter methods to raise
Exceptions.

Stefan