ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: stupid newbie questions
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2000 16:12:47 GMT
Hi Garret,

 GR> first problem: we use jdk1.3, and in the 3.1 release of ant, the
 GR> doModernCompile method in Javac.java is empty except

fixed in CVS as you had already thought.

 GR> second problem.  now that i'm able to get ant to compile things,
 GR> the srcdir and destdir portions of the <javac/> tag seem to be
 GR> acting weird.

No, it's the javac task that's acting weird. For "historical reasons"
javac does an implicit copyfile on everything that's not .java . This
is said to change in the future - some projects are known to rely on
it and somehow everybody seems to be waiting to remove this.

If you go to the CVS version, the delete task will take an dir
attribute as well as include/exclude attributes. Place a

<delete dir="${dst}">
  <exclude name="**/*.class" />
</delete>

immediately behind your javac task to get rid of them.

On the other hand you said you wanted the files to be compiled in
place. Forget about the delete task and simply set destdir to ${src}
as well.

HTH

Stefan