ant-dev mailing list archives

From Lee Daniel Crocker <...@piclab.com>
Subject RE: [RFE] Richer Task Specification
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2000 17:32:36 GMT
> > Could taskdefs be specified immediately. ie. move the main
> > chunk of it from
> > init to execute. This would allow a single build file to compile the
> > taskdefs it needs and then use those in turn to do further
> > processing. I
> > have to run build twice to get this solved and it bugs the
> > hell out of me :P.
>
> We have exactly the same situation (some custom tasks that need to be built
> to make the main build work), so you can count this as a second vote ;)

Motion thirded.  I use taskdefs for XSLT transforming and HTML mangling
to build a website project that are very special-purpose, so it makes no
sense to make them standard parts of Ant, but the two-step build process
is annoying; takes away one of the main reason I use Ant in the first
place and there's no technical reason it has to be that way--Java has all
the runtime class information to compile, then add taskdefs.

--
Lee Daniel Crocker <lee@piclab.com> <http://www.piclab.com/lee/>
"All inventions or works of authorship original to me, herein and past,