ant-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Cook <>
Subject Re: cvs commit:....
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2000 23:29:10 GMT
On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, Jason Hunter wrote:

This thread is turning into a general discussion of core/optional tasks,
but I'm going to go back to the email thingy. I don't think tasks
involving email should be core tasks, since they make assumptions not only
about available libraries but also about available network infrastructure.
This is OK for some software, but Ant is a build tool, and when I think,
"build tool," I don't think, "Ah, yes, and I'll have to set that mail
server up as well..."

Many of us, like I, are used to working in a fully networked environment.
Feel for people who still have a stand-alone Win98 box ( <flamewar> they
run Micro$oft! Feel for them!</flamewar> ;-)

Tom Cook - Software Engineer

"The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts functioning the moment you get
up in the morning, and does not stop until you get into the office."
	- Robert Frost

LISAcorp -

38 Greenhill Rd.          Level 3, 228 Pitt Street
Wayville, SA, 5034        Sydney, NSW, 2000

Phone:   +61 8 8272 1555  Phone:   +61 2 9283 0877
Fax:     +61 8 8271 1199  Fax:     +61 2 9283 0866

View raw message