ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Vitaly Stulsky" <vitaly_stul...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: javac dependencies
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2000 16:23:39 GMT
> When using javac from the command line and combining sourcepath and
> classpath it will compile dependencies if the class files do not exist or
> are out of date.
> I can't seem to be able to do this using the javac task for ant. Is it at
> all possible? if yes how is it done? I tried using the sourcedir and
> classpath but this doesn't seem to do it. any help would be appreciated
> thanks

I posted patch for the dependency tracking in javac taskdef a month or two ago,
also Conor MacNeil wrote the similar thing, but using separate taskdef.
Search e-mail archive for this patches or if you cannot post your
request here or directly to me and I'll send you both of this patches.

Vitaly
mailto:Stulsky@bigfoot.com