ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Vitaly Stulsky" <vitaly_stul...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [RFE] Richer Task Specification
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2000 08:53:28 GMT

> >> count this as a second vote ;)
> >
> >Motion thirded.
>
> An alternative would be to allow taskdefs to be deferred as an option.
> What that would do instead of creating the "real" task is to create a
> instance of a new class, say "proxyTask".  This task would be special and
> would simply accumulate the attributes, as well as being passed the name of
> the real task.  When it comes time to execute this task, it would attempt
> to create an instance of the real task, apply all the attributes, and
> finally invoke init followed by execute.

I proposed several weeks ago to extend taskdef mapping from taskdefs/defaults.properties
on taskdef classes. My proposition contained the idea to move from real taskdefs
in taskdefs/defaults.properties to the class factories. This factories can work as simple
proxies for taskdefs and postpone real task execution until it will be needed.
Other benefit of this approach is possibility to have more than one implementation
of the taskdef and provide ability to switch between them at the runtime
(i.e. standard idltojava and ORB proprietary compilers, another possible implementation -
modern, jikes and standard compiler).

What do you think about this approach?

Thanks,
Vitaly