ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacques Bergeron" <jacques.berge...@dogico.com>
Subject Dynamic load of Ant [EXPIRED TRIAL LICENCE]
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2000 00:33:53 GMT
Hi everyone,

I am trying to run Ant directly from a Java program without having prior
knowledge of Ant`s directory (cannot intialize classpath on program
startup).

I would need to dynamically change the CLASSPATH once I know Ant`s directory
(choosen by the user). Since changing the classpath is not possible (so was
I told) I would need to make a custom ClassLoader!?

1- Is it true that the classpath cannot be changed dynamically?

2- If so do you know any exemple of a custom ClassLoader that I could use (I
was told that Java`s URLClassLoader did not support the file: protocol). So
I`m searching for a model.

Any help would be welcome :)

Jacques