ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacques Bergeron" <jacques.berge...@dogico.com>
Subject RE: Untar task question [EXPIRED TRIAL LICENCE]
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2000 07:30:58 GMT
Hi Stefan,

> Stefan wrote:
> Connor has commited my patch to Untar over the last weekend or so,
> please take a look at the Untar task from the latest snapshot.

Fine! Important thing is task is now OK. Would have saved some time though
if a bug tracking system was available (I know the  context and that a
"replacement" is coming, I'm just pointing a concrete example) :-) Was a
good excuse to modif and build Ant myself anyway!

> JDK 1.1
> (and Ant can be run on these VMs) doesn't have a way to set the
> modification time of a file.

Are there plans to drop support for 1.1 or do we have to check for backward
compatibility all the time? Producing inconsistent results depending on the
VM version is not an ideal situation. Impacts to performance and
maintainability will also be noticable over time. I will check next time
anyway!

Ciao,

Jacques