ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jim Stiefel" <jim.stie...@cubus.net>
Subject task with arbitrary classpath
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2000 21:52:49 GMT
I am faced with an interesting problem I hope someone with more
experience with ant might be able to help me solve.  I want to define a
new ant task that will compare serial version UID's of freshly compiled
classes to the same class files in a known baseline jar so that my build
process can flag problems in serialization compatibility between our
development version and our last release version.

Retrieving the Serial Version UID is easy enough using
java.io.ObjectStreamClass. The challenge is that the operation needs to
be run twice with different classpaths.  In one case,  the classpath
needs to include the baseline jar,  while in the second case,  it needs
to include the newly built jar.

Can someone suggest a simple or elegant way to accomplish this?

Thanks,
 Jim