ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject RE: Junit task
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2000 15:04:11 GMT
Thomas,

> However, if it takes longer to build the next so much improved and
> defently needed version of ANT, I woul like to add JUnit and friends, if
> welcomed.

Bring it on :-). I am currently using JUnit through a <Java> task. It works,
but it is not especially neat. A separate task would be great. I think it
would be good, too, to see the motivations for making changes to the ant
core.

I don't think we should wait for a big-bang changes to the core. We can make
the incremental changes to the current core while we discuss the shape of
the ant's future. Such changes will help us know what works and what should
be changed.

> Right now, we have our own version of ANT, which we maintain seperatly
> from the offical ANT. I dislike this situation. I would love to commit
> more of our stuff, BUT I would like to get more feedback.

We, too, maintain our own version of ant. I would like to narrow the gap
over time.

> I hope some of the new committers take on and help improve the situation.

OK, what do we need to do to get the JUnit task in there ?

Conor