ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Ken Liu" <k...@auctionlogic.com>
Subject RE: build/release process spec?
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2000 18:01:26 GMT

I'm not really so much interested in the mechanics of
CVS, I'm more interested in the source control management
process.

Ah - I know I can't commit diffs myself - but I am still quite
curious about the process used to manage the source code
anyways.  Maybe it would be better for me to pose some
direct questions:
1.  What is the version numbering scheme?  When do new version
numbers get assigned?
2.  Does the latest version in the source tree always
contain buildable code (everything compiles)? (I think I read yes)
Is there a punishment for breaking the build? :)
3.  How do major changes get handled? i.e. someone checks
in a bunch of classes that require changes in other people's
checked out code.
4.  How are code branches/merges handled?

Any good links to resources would be greatly appreciated.

> > Another question:
> > Is there a Delete target that supports wildcards available?
> >
> Do you want to delete an entire directory or just the files within the
> directory? In other words, are you looking for 'rm -rf foo*.*' or
> 'find . -name
> foo*.* | xargs -r rm -f'?

I would like to selectively delete files within a directory.