ant-dev mailing list archives

From john.zollin...@sundog.com (John Zollinger)
Subject Java / Exec problem...
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2000 16:26:57 GMT
Using build 'ant-20000626.zip' on Windows 2000, Sun's JDK 1.3

The java task isn't working for me.  I needed the task to fork, but it seems
that exec holds onto any started task now for piping the stderr, stdout
stuff and does not let go until the task finishes, which isn't really much
of a fork. :-)  The holding on of the exec'd command and piping the output
should be an option I think, rather than the default.

Also (probably because it isn't really forking) my application which uses
Runtime.getRuntime().exec() itself is not working any longer.

Any ideas?

John Zollinger
V.P. Software Engineering, CTO
Sundog Technologies, Inc.