ant-dev mailing list archives

From James Duncan Davidson <james.david...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: [RFE] Richer Task Specification
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2000 11:43:31 GMT
on 2000/06/23 01:39, Stefan Bodewig at bodewig@bost.de wrote:

> mf> But I think I prefer the following, since it allows multiple
> mf> tasks to depend on a single compile:
>
> mf> <taskdef name="xslt" classname="Xslt" classpath="lib"
> mf> depends="xslt-compile"/>
>
> Yes, I really like this. This would remove the need for arbitrary
> tasks to be defined outside of targets. No bad feelings on my side
> anymore.
>
> This could mean: no tasks outside targets, put taskdefs and properties
> directly into the project if they should have global meaning and put
> them inside of targets for target scoped properties and taskdefs,
> right?

Something like that. The purist in me still wants to see props and taskdefs
be global since we're really not trying to write a programming language
here. But that could just be my head in the fog of last night on the town in
Prague. :) But that's a different thread -- for this thread of discussion,
yes, I like this as well.

.duncan