ant-dev mailing list archives

From James Duncan Davidson <james.david...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: [RFE] Richer Task Specification
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2000 11:40:33 GMT
on 2000/06/23 00:06, Stefan Bodewig at bodewig@bost.de wrote:

> I think we haven't found agreement on 1 and 2 yet. I do like Matt's
> last version with the added depends attribute to taskdef.

I think with the taskdef depends mail, we can safely say:

    project
       *taskdefs
       *properties
       *tasks

No?

> Other than that I'm going to change the document as soon as I get a
> little hardware problem on my side resolved that prevents me from
> accessing the repository on locus. I hope this will happen today (CEST
> - GMT+2 - that is).

Edit away, it's a living document. Besides, it's versioned so if there's
something that we want to back out, it's easy enough.... :)

>>> The only tricky thing in this is part 3.
>
> JDD> Not really tricky, just a smop.
>
> Sorry, I went to babelfish.org and tried every English->German
> translator listed, but "smop" didn't resolve to anything. What does it
> mean?

Er, sorry. SMOP == "Simple Matter of Programming"

> The way you choose between different compilers is by using the
> build.compiler property. You don't need to specify it in the build.xml
> and will use your VM's default - other users may override this on the
> command line without a need to change build.xml.

Granted, having properties affect compiler is a good thing.

.duncan