ant-dev mailing list archives

From James Duncan Davidson <james.david...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: [RFE] Richer Task Specification
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2000 10:01:26 GMT
on 2000/06/20 01:45, Peter Donald at donaldp@mad.scientist.com wrote:

> well if I was a voting member I would go +1 but because I aint I will just
> say good :P. Thou don't see why the properties/taskdefs don't get treated
> exactly like tasks (except that maybe they can never be overidden) so are
> you asking for just a philosophical distinction and safety net so some-one
> cant add their own task named taskdef ???

No, a chicken is not a worm is not a mammal. Properties != Taskdefs !=
Tasks. Sure, you could drive taskdefs from properties (or even derive such
as taskdef extends property but since this is XML and not Java...), but I
think that they really should be seperate beasts and treated as seperate
collections of things.

.duncan