ant-dev mailing list archives

From James Duncan Davidson <james.david...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: [RFE] Richer Task Specification
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2000 10:01:27 GMT
on 2000/06/20 05:36, Stefan Bodewig at bodewig@bost.de wrote:

> BTW docs/index.html still says "It is good practice to place your
> property [...] tasks in a so called initialization target" somewhere
> below <h3>Targets</h3>. This is misleading.

The docs are far enough out from reality that they need to either be updated
or dropped on the floor. No docs are better than wrong docs.

> It should be no problem to move available to the current task behavior
> as long as (1) the property set by it isn't used in ${} substitutions
> or (2) ${} happens at the time the task in question gets executed or
> (3) ${} dies dies dies - I'm all with .duncan on this.

Can I say again... die die die. :)

> It still doesn't feel right. I think I need to find out why before I
> continue.

Keep thinking aloud as I'm not totally psyched about any approach I've seen.
I'm willing to go with the flow a bit on this due to the need, but I'd
prefer right to sort-of-right.

.duncan