ant-dev mailing list archives

From James Duncan Davidson <james.david...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Ant project DTD
Date Sun, 18 Jun 2000 08:15:01 GMT
on 6/15/00 10:05 AM, Pierre, Sebastian at spierre@Rational.Com wrote:

> Hi all !
>
> I'm wondering if there is an Ant DTD ?
>
> It could be useful for those who use an XML editor that is DTD-aware, or
> someone like me who uses Vim and some scripts to validate their XML
> files - but I must say it's quite hard to validate without the DTD ;)

It's impossible to define a DTD for ant. The tag names themselves have a
meaning that can be changed at runtime either in the XML file or
programmatically. Sure, it'd probably be possible to create a DTD for some
static set of Ant, but with it's pluggable architecture, it won't be a
complete one.

.duncan