ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Noel Gadreau <>
Subject Defining tasks in several build.xml files
Date Sat, 10 Jun 2000 18:22:11 GMT
Hi all.

I am using now using to build several on the projects I am working on and it
is great ! I have a question on how to share some tasks across projects.

In fact, I have several components that all share the same pieces of
'build.xml' (to checkout their dependencies from CVS for instance, or to
compile all the java files as the structure of all the project is similar).

So, I would like to know if there is a way with Ant to define a task that
can be "included" in another 'build.xml', so that you can have a kind of
repository of common tasks that you can include.

If such a thing does not exist, do you have suggestions on what you (all Ant
users) would like so that I can see if I can add it.

Best regards,
Jean-Noel Gadreau

View raw message