ant-dev mailing list archives

From gle...@ca.ibm.com
Subject Re: Conditionnal tasks
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2000 16:24:31 GMT

We already have scripting with the Script optional task and the BSF (beauty
tool BTW) thanks to Sam Ruby.  With the Script task and the BSF, we have
access to all the scripting languages BSF supports, including Mozilla Rhino
v1.4 Release 3, NetRexx v1.148 upwards,. BML v2.4, JPython v1.1-beta3, Jacl
v1.1.1, LotusXSL v0.18.*, Microsoft ActiveScript languages VBScript,
JScript and ActiveState's PerlScript.

Unfortunately the Script task isn't really well documented yet.  I haven't
played around enough with it yet (and I'm not likely to have the time to)
to be comfortable coming up with good examples.  Sam, would you have time
to create a simple example and update the docs?  And include little
gotcha's like not being able to have periods in property names... :-)

Glenn McAllister
TID - Software Developer - VisualAge for Java
IBM Toronto Lab, (416) 448-3805