ant-dev mailing list archives

From gle...@ca.ibm.com
Subject Re: Core Task spec 0.1
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2000 21:49:51 GMT

+1 from me so far...

I really like the idea of filesets.  It neatly encapsulates the idea of a
collection of files, and makes use of the "includes, excludes" syntax we
are all familiar with.  Having more than one fileset creates a union of
files, which is totaly logical.  However, why have an attribute name of
"includes" and an entity name of "include"?  Same for excludes/exclude.
What about the attribute name "files" instead of "name" for the include and
exclude elements?  Strikes me as being a little more readable.

All of the copy/move/delete tasks specify the subelements include and
exclude, but aren't included in the DTDs.  If you intended to include them
(and I can't see why not), why use the indiviual elements and not use
fileset elements?  I can understand not using fileset for unjar and unzip
(what would the dir attribute be), but it makes sense to me to use it with
c/m/d.  Hmm... then again, it might be more overhead than is strictly
required.  Me, I vote for consistency, but clarity is probably a higher
priority with these core tasks.

Glenn McAllister
TID - Software Developer - VisualAge for Java
IBM Toronto Lab, (416) 448-3805