ant-dev mailing list archives

From gle...@ca.ibm.com
Subject Beginer CVS question
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2000 13:40:24 GMT

My appolgies if this isn't the right place for this kind of question, but
I'm at a point where I need a pointer or two.

Knowing that the version of Ant that I'm using is more than a little out of
date (its the one that comes with the 3.1 release build of Tomcat), I
wanted to get the latest CVS version to bring myself up to date.  I'd like
to be able to remove some of the custom code I've written with the core and
optional features of Ant.  I've gotten a socksified CVS 1.10.x client for
my AIX box, and WinCVS for the Windows box.  Unfortunately, they both give
me the same error message.

According to the instructions at
http://jakarta.apache.org/getinvolved/cvsindex.html for anonymous CVS, I
need to execute

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@jakarta.apache.org:<home_dir_here> login

and provide the password anoncvs before I can checkout the appropriate
jakarta-ant module.

The _very_ consistent error message I get back is:
cvs login: authorization failed: server jakarta.apache.org rejected access

Am I just using the wrong password?  Or am I doing something
stupid/naive/beginer like? :-)

Thanks.

Glenn McAllister
TID - Software Developer - VisualAge for Java
IBM Toronto Lab, (416) 448-3805