ant-dev mailing list archives

From gle...@ca.ibm.com
Subject Re: exec problems
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2000 18:46:07 GMT

Taking a peek at the Exec.java code, you need to use os="windows nt".  I'd
try using -verbose messaging to see what is happening at that point in the
build.

BTW, the exec task isn't going to work for Win98 and Win95 becuase it uses
the "cmd" shell, not the "command" shell.  And no, doing a quick patch to
check for 95 and 98 at the end of the myos string isn't going to work,
because command doesn't support the && syntax used to do the initial change
dir and then execute the command.

Glenn McAllister
TID - Software Developer - VisualAge for Java
IBM Toronto Lab, (416) 448-3805