ant-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: Core Task spec 0.1
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2000 14:19:11 GMT

Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> In fact Ant already adds some kind of meaning to id attributes of
> targets/tasks/nested elements via Project.addReference, so the
> basics for adding/retrieving richer objects by name are there.

Something that will need to be carefully rethought if we defer the creation
of objects from XML until their use.

- Sam Ruby

P.S.  I not only very much like the idea of named file sets, I would also
like to have people consider other means of indirect references.  A simple
example: instead of naming the basedir for the jar task, instructing Ant to
use the destdir on a specified javac task.