ant-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject RE: nightly build (was: problem)
Date Sat, 24 Jun 2000 04:04:02 GMT

Conor MacNeill wrote:
> Actually ant is built nightly under the tomcat area
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/tomcat/nightly/
>
> Perhaps ant should have its own nightly build process. An added
> benefit would be to allow tomcat to fix on a particular ant version.

Since this is an all volunteer organization, everyone is empowered to set
one up themselves and publish it.

One difference of opinion I have with the nightly build process mentioned
above is that it fixes on a particular ant version for the nightly build
itself.

I have started my own nightly build, which bootstraps ant from source and
incidentally compiles a few (<grin>) other projects using the version of
ant just built - purely as a regression test of Ant, of course.  ;-)

I mentioned it here before, but if you want to see the rationalle, current
script, logs, and results, visit:

   http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/jakarta/nightly.html

- Sam Ruby