ant-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: Javac task copies build.xml?
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2000 23:43:49 GMT

James Sieben wrote:
> I am just beginning to use Ant to build my project. So far I am
> having a positive experience; however, I am curious as to why
> build.xml is copied to my destination directory by the Javac task.

I intend to fix this before the next release.  I am going a long list of
jakarta, xml, java, and exoffice to see what this impacts.

For now, you can work-around this behavior by adding an <include
name="**/*.java"/> inside the javac task.  This will continue to work after
the fix is made.

In other words, your build.xml should look like:

   <javac ...>
     <include name="**/*.java" />
   </javac>

- Sam Ruby