ant-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: [RFE] Richer Task Specification
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2000 11:04:37 GMT

Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> JDD> Not really tricky, just a smop.
>
> Sorry, I went to babelfish.org and tried every English->German
> translator listed, but "smop" didn't resolve to anything. What
> does it mean?

http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/jargon/html/entry/SMOP.html

I don't understand how target= on a taskdef would work.

Would the target have to preceed the taskdef in the XML?  Or is he proposal
to revert back to DOM and not instantiate tasks before they are used?  Are
there limitations on what tasks may be used in tasks specified as targets
of a taskdef?  Or am I missing something?

My feeling is that while this may be "purer" in some abstract sense, it
will be harder to explain.  Given a choice, I would prefer something that
is easy to understand.

- Sam Ruby